Powerful, unified, collaborative, transformative, progressive, pro-active, transparent, victim-centered.
These are just some of the adjectives offered by service providers from around the state of Indiana when asked to describe an effective statewide sexual assault coalition and what the Indiana Coalition to End Sexual Assault (ICESA) strives to achieve. It is an honor to be serving as the Interim Executive Director as, along with so many dedicated sexual assault service providers, we work together to achieve ICESA’s mission of empowering Indiana communities to prevent sexual assault and serve those impacted by it through comprehensive training, advocacy, increased public awareness and coordinated sexual assault services.
As interim, my responsibilities include building a strong foundation for a vibrant and relevant coalition based on strong fiscal practices; working with an active board of directors to responsibly plan ICESA’s direction; collaborating with other coalitions across the country to learn best practices and build a team with a passion to achieve the ultimate result of ending sexual assault in Indiana.
2016 will be an exciting, productive and very meaningful year as we continue to establish the coalition. Some goals include:
- Provide communication and a supportive network to sexual assault service providers, survivors and supporters throughout Indiana
- Offer comprehensive trainings showcasing evidence-based practices to coalition members and community-based organizations
- Provide public education and raise public awareness about sexual assault, including effective methods of prevention and available services
- Monitor public policy affecting survivors of sexual assault and service providers
- Promote the expansion of sexual assault services
- Advocate on behalf of survivors for changes in public policy in relation to sexual assault response and prevention
- Assist in building the capacity of community organizations, service providers and other allies in the reduction of sexual assault and service to survivors and their families throughout Indiana
We invite you to visit ICESA’s website often. It will be constantly updated with important information regarding our work. We also invite you to join our journey.
Tracey Horth Krueger, Chief Executive Officer